The Master of Education degree program in curriculum and instruction is designed to meet the growing national need for highly qualified teachers at all classroom levels. Courses include advanced studies in research-based practices for teaching and learning, curriculum design, assessment, and program improvement. The program does not lead to teaching certification.
All students will be trained in the use of Sakai, Ohio Valley University’s easy-to-use collaborative, online learning environment. This tool helps the student learn, but also provides a high degree of interactivity with fellow students and professors.
The Ohio Valley University M.Ed. Program has several key benefits for the student:
- 16-Month Completion Schedule
- Flexible Online Format
- Highly Skilled Faculty
- Small Cohort Size
- Competitive Pricing
Tuition: $350 per credit hour
Technology Fee: $50 per course
This program is designed for the student who
- Needs an additional credential for position or salary enhancements
- Is a certified teacher and wishes to earn a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction
- Needs a credential to create curriculum or to conduct professional development and/or continuing education opportunities
The School of Graduate Education encourages prospective students from a wide range of academic interests and backgrounds to apply. The following minimum qualifications must be met to gain entry into a program of study:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- The following documents must be completed and sent as a packet to:
School of Graduate Education
Ohio Valley University, 1 Campus View Drive, Vienna WV 26105-8000
- Application for Graduate Admission accompanied by a $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions (These may come directly from the institutions to the OVU registrar or, if in an envelope sealed by the institution, included in the packet.)
- An essay of one to two pages addressing your teaching philosophy and how you prefer to complete the degree program (2 course track, 3 course track, continual semesters or summers only, etc.)
- Two letters of recommendation that address your capacity to complete the program effectively and to use the additional knowledge to benefit yourself and others (These may come from instructors, co-workers, employers, or clergy, and they should have the authors’ signatures across the flap of the envelope.)
The faculty of the School of Graduate Education is a team of professionals who are known not only for excellence in their fields of specialization, but also their dedication to each student’s success. The Christ-centered community at OVU provides an unusually high level of personal attention for every student.
- Dr. Robin Buchanan – Faculty
- Dr. Joy Jones – VP Academic Affairs
- Dr. Toni Lynne DeVore – Chair
- Dr. Diana Rapp -Faculty
- Dr. Susan Gilbert - Faculty
- Bradley J. Wilson – Coordinator of Recruitment and Retention
If you would like to be a part of this program, we encourage you to sign up now!