ACCREDITATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Higher Learning Commission
Since July 1978, the university has been accredited by Higher Learning Commission.
International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
The following Bachelor of Science programs in the College of Business have been accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE): Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology and Sports Management. Programs at OVU have been accredited by the IACBE since October 1998.
Ohio Valley University enjoys membership and/affiliation with a number of academic and community organizations. Together, we partner for education and community growth.
West Virginia State Department of Education
All of Ohio Valley University’s programs in the College of Education are approved by the West Virginia Board of Education.
Ohio Valley University is a member of or has an affiliation with the following associations and organizations:
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Society
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Appalachian College Association (ACA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- City of Vienna Emergency Response Team
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- East Coast Athletic Conference (ECAC)
- Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC)
- Learning Asset Management Project (LAMP)
- Mid-Ohio Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Mideast Honors Association (MEHA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Collegiate Honors Council
- National Association of Christian College Admissions Personnel (NACCAP)
- Ohio Association for College Admission Counseling (OACAC)
- Rotary Club of Parkersburg
- Service-members Opportunity Colleges Consortium (SOC Consortium)
- International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration (Sigma Beta Delta)
- The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC)
- West Virginia Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (WVACRAO)
- West Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (WVASFAA)
- West Virginia Independent Colleges and Universities (WVICU)
- Wood County Development Authority (WCDA)