The Bible Comes Alive: What Happens to People when they Die?
November 15, 2018 / 7:00 PM / OVU Main Campus (Room 139)
Presented by Jeffery Donley, PhD | see full bio
What happens when you die? It’s a question that has crossed everyone’s mind, because death happens to everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, or status.
Within Christianity, there is a significant amount of confusion and false teaching regarding what happens after death. In answering questions about life after death, we either turn to human experience or we turn to the Word of God. If we turn to human experience, we find many guesses, many ideas, many theories—but no sure absolute answers. In God’s Word, we find absolute and sure answers.
So, what exactly does the Bible teach happens after death?
In this presentation, Dr. Jeffery Donley will present the Biblical truth for what happens to people when they die. Answers will be provided to questions such as:
- Is there life after physical death?
- Where did the people in the Old Testament times go upon their deaths?
- Where did Jesus go when He was murdered and laid in Joseph’s new tomb?
- Where do Christians go at the moment of their deaths?
- Where do non-Christians go at the moment of their deaths?
- Will we recognize each other in heaven?
- Will my baby who died be a baby in heaven?
- Will I be old in heaven?